We regularly monitor our performance to ensure we are achieving our aims as outlined in our strategy: Building trust and confidence in policing.
We measure a range of different performance indicators such as:
- awareness of the IOPC
- time taken to complete activities such as investigations, decision-making and reviews
- police forces accepting our recommendations
- perception of our effectiveness by key stakeholders
- staff satisfaction, turnover and diversity
How we are performing
The performance framework documents below set out how we are performing against a range of key targets and supporting measures, against our four strategic objectives:
- People know about the complaints system and are confident to use it
- The complaints system delivers evidence based, fair outcomes which hold police to account
- Our evidence and influence improves policing
- We are an organisation that delivers high performance
We are currently publishing our performance data on a monthly basis - you can read the reports below. This is currently under review and we will continue to develop this page to improve how we share our performance.