Other roles with us
We have a wide range of corporate services and support roles that offer real challenge and purpose. Whatever the role, you will be integral to our independence and helping us to ensure everyone can have trust and confidence in the police.
We serve people from every walk of life and aim to reflect this diversity in our own organisation. We are not looking for people solely from a policing or legal background, all backgrounds will be considered for our non-investigations roles.
Our roles cut across many functions, including:
- Private Office – supporting our governance and senior leaders
- Legal Services – legal, data protection and Freedom of Information
- People – equality, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing, human resources, talent acquisition, people systems, payroll, learning and development, talent management, health and safety, organisational design and development
- Strategy and Impact – communications, performance, knowledge and information, oversight, quality and service improvement, stakeholder engagement, research and evaluation, policy and engagement, strategy, business planning, project management, data, innovation and improvement
- Corporate Services – financial accounting, management accounting, transactions, procurement, facilities, risk and audit
- ICT – support, information security and information assurance, business relationship management, solutions and records management, infrastructure
These roles include:
- Customer Contact Centre – one of the first points of contact for the IOPC. The team offers verbal and written advice to members of the public and other agencies regarding the formal police complaints process.
- Casework – this team handles a wide variety of cases, appeals and subject matters, ranging from reviews following police complaint investigations, to serious reports completed by the police.
- Assessment Unit – another first point of contact , providing advice and guidance to complainants, Appropriate Authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Admin Hub – provides administration support to the teams in National Functions
- Typing Team – provides transcribing services
Our specialist teams include:
- Disclosure – provides disclosure capacity to investigations
- Exhibits – provides advice and guidance on exhibit management
- HOLMES Support – provides quality assurance of the investigative material and ensures the HOLMES database supports our investigations
- Investigation Support Unit – provides support to investigation teams including document management, archiving and managing the pool of fleet cars